Wedding Program Ideas : How To Create A Wonderful Keepsake For Your Guests
Looking at wedding program ideas is important in wedding planning process as having a well designed wedding program can ensure your guests be well informed so that they can be more involved in your wedding ceremony. Also, bear in mind, it is one of your cherished keepsakes for you and your guests after the wedding.
Wedding program ought to describe the actual sequence of the wedding ceremony to ensure that guests understand what to anticipate next. Additionally, it may help to remind individuals to switch off their own cell phones or even tell them which pictures aren’t permitted in certain prohibited areas. You also can include map to your wedding party location at the back of the program. Their usefulness can be clearly seen in cross-cultural as well as interfaith marriage ceremonies. They are able to assist in clarifying a few of the not familiar rituals as well as customs how the officiant works and also the wedding couple takes part in throughout the wedding ceremony.
When it comes to design, they are usually printed in font and lettering styles that match with the styles of the wedding invitation and other stationery. The styles also should match with the wedding themes that you have chosen. If your wedding theme is fun or less formal, then you can choose creative or stylish fonts. Some of designs worth to consider are paper fans. For more stylish professionally printed programs, click this link.
>> Elegant wedding program ideas <<
If your budget is tight, you can always go for diy wedding program ideas or make your own program like the following tips which you can pocket tremendous savings of your money.
- Use bridal-themed program paper or wedding program paper and quality cover stock papers or vellum. You can also use scrapbook materials but please ensure they are archival grade materials as you want your programs to last for years.
- Plan your program wording in advance. If they can be fitted into four sides (the fronts and backs of each side of a folded paper), then, you just need one sheet of paper for every program.
- Use your own computer and printer to print your program.
- Use any word processing software that you already have like Microsoft Word to design your program. Firstly, go to Microsoft Office official website to look for “wedding programs” templates for download. Customize the details accordingly.
- If you have more advanced graphic software like Adobe Photoshop, you can put in better graphics and photos.
- Alternatively, you can download other free templates or buy a good program template.
- If you need higher quality printout but low cost or do not want to use up your entire printer’s ink, you can try check with your local discount printer using your master copy. Just tell them to copy onto your preferred paper, whether it is pre-printed or heavy card stock.
- Get your friends who are artists or designers to design your program cover.
- Affix a ribbon bow or seal your program cover with a wax stamp. You could also decorate it with some wordings using rubber stamps or embossing powder.
- If you want to save money from having cover, just create your program in a scroll and tie it with a long colorful ribbon. This certain one of the simplest scroll wedding program ideas.
Wedding program ideas go along with the theme of the wedding. Therefore, you can see some unique wedding program ideas when you are attending these unique wedding functions.
Unique wedding program ideas
1)Matching Wedding Themes
When you invite your guests to your unique wedding theme, it is appropriate to use creative wedding program paper which ties to your venue and theme. This also helps you to express your personality and intrigue your guests to attend “Your Wedding”. If your wedding is held at Las Vegas, then you can consider Las Vegas themed wedding program (as shown below) and mobile casino as one of the great wedding entertainment ideas.
For beach wedding themed, these lovely program featuring seashells, golden sand, and the words “Today I Marry My Friend” will be a lovely and memorable part of your wedding.
We you want to select the design idea, you may want to consider the season of your marriage. If it is a fall season, your fall wedding program ideas will be any designs related to leaf. Alternatively, you can choose chocolate colored cover with yellow program and chocolate ribbon. There are also designs specially cater for winter, summer and spring seasons which you can get to see the program examples from the below link.
3)Your Own Magazine
If you want to have more unique wedding program ideas or different wedding program booklet ideas, why not consider getting personalized magazines for your guests. This magazine helps you to provide your wedding program, personal biography, practical guide, and welcome letter into one professional booklet for your guests as a keepsake. In fact, the list is endless as you can get them to add-ons if you have the budget. You can place it at your guests’ welcome baskets or at the reception. Packages start as low as $300.
If you are looking for Catholic wedding program ideas, you have to allocate more spaces to describe religious rituals. Generally, it consists of four parts, namely, Entrance Rite, Liturgy Of The Word, Rite Of Marriage and Concluding Rite. The duration is more than an hour to complete. It is best to get some advice from officiant on the order of the ceremony, the compulsory elements and wording of Catholic masses to be included in the program as you do not want to be told that whatever programs that you have printed cannot be approved by your church priest later.
5) Wedding program fans
These fans can serve two purposes as they are ideal hand fan for hot summer days and at same time provide wedding information. Ideal for non-air conditioned churches and outdoor garden ceremonies too. A lovely keepsake each time they use it. Some of them are available in DIY form. You also must allocate some time to assemble these fans when you received the shipment.
6)Layered Wedding Program
This kind of design is likened as it can fit more information on one simple elegantly ensemble. Below is a sample of a four layer program. It can be done by you.
You can design your wedding program in CD booklet with the program details in it. Save your most cherished photos, music and songs in the CD so that your guests can keep it as keepsake. It also can be used as wedding favor for your guests.
What should be included in the wedding program?
This is one of the favorite questions from every couple when they decided to tie the knot. You may want to look for as many wedding program examples before deciding what should be included in it.
The basic program must at least cover names of major players in your wedding, elements of the ceremony, titles of the beautiful songs and readings. However, you should never advertise for your wedding service vendors in your program as it against the etiquette. Once you have completed, you need to review it to ensure you did not leave out anyone or anything important from your program. Below are list of items that should be included in the program.
- A wonderful cover page with wedding graphic or photo, names and wedding date
- A welcome message from the bride and groom
- A quote or poem reflects the meaning of this special day
- The names and titles of everyone in your wedding party, including parents’ and grandparents’ names and the officiant’s name
- The timetable of your ceremony
- The names of everyone performing readings and the titles of the readings
- The names of everyone performing the songs and the titles of the songs
- The titles of songs played during your ceremony and the composers’ names. You can include the lyrics as well.
- Describe any ethnic, cultural, or religious rituals for the guests to follow along and they can learn something new of this culture.
- A copy of your vow wording
- A thank you note for all those who have helped to plan the wedding
- A note of tribute in the memory of deceased loved ones. You can write the flowers arrangements are in memory of the departed persons
- Your new home address and other contact information, including your name change
- For the back cover, it can be photo gallery where you can place your wedding photos. If you want more things to fill up the empty space, you can include some trivia about both of you likes first dates, first kiss, proposal or special facts related to the guests.
- A special of touch with facial tissue in wedding color to show how sentimental of your program.
If you still need more program examples, you can check this link
Our favorite stationery company, Tiny Prints, is having a great 25% sitewide sale this week through May 29.
Tiny Prints knows that personalized birth announcements, birthday party invitations, baby shower invitations, thank you cards and cards for whatever occasion you’re celebrating. From fun photo cards, religious invitations, address labels and more, they’ve got everything you need to add a stylish touch to all of your festivities. They’ll even help review, proofread and perfect every inch of your designs to ensure that you always send your best in a fashionable and flawless way. They’ll help you showcase your style in an exceptional way!
Whatever the occasion, Tiny Prints has the highest quality printing available. And there has never been a better time to order, so check them out today.